Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Save the New Jersey Department of Agriculture

Governor Corzine, as part of his budget proposal, has proposed eliminating the New Jersey Department of Agriculture. Yes, that's right... the Garden State would have no Department of Agriculture. This could have a devastating effect on not only the farmers but also the citizens of this great state. We are not powerless, though. Yesterday, over 1500 farmers went to Trenton to protest this plan. There were 120 tractors on State Street and, although I was unable to attend (I was home with Ben), I have never felt more unity with my fellow NJ farmers. You can help as well. Go to www.njfb.org (NJ Farm Bureau's website). There are excellent instructions there on what to do to stop this ridiculous plan. Please consider taking some time to help the farmers of NJ. Agriculture keeps NJ Green!!!




3 comments:

Heather said...

How completly ludicrous. The government is always so quick to cut funding and programs that we need the most.
I will help support our local agriculture(or in this case, yours) in any way I can Aimee!

J said...

That is crazy! I hope this all works out for you.

Heather said...

Update time Aimee!