Wednesday, April 2, 2008

A Reminder of Nanny...

Last week, on a cold "Spring" day, I was rushing into the office in the house and this little daffodil stopped me in my tracks. It had popped through the ground just outside of the back porch of the farmhouse. I couldn't do anything but stop and stare at this tangible reminder of Nanny. It reminded me of her in so many ways. Nanny loved daffodils, she called them jonquils. She loved tending to flowers and was one of the best gardeners I've known. But most of all what reminded me of her is the simple beauty and strength of the flowers. She always had a beautiful strength no matter what circumstances she faced. So, here's to Nanny... always in our hearts.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

that was so touching! It amazes me the things that trigger such vivid memories.

Heather said...

That was beautiful Aimee. Very touching and reminds me of Marks Nan, she too loved the spring and the flowers until she got too unwell to keep them.
Beautiful picture.

J said...

I love daffodils and that was a beautiful story.